FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 841 through 850 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

OK …

I have firefly working successfully with iTunes … But no matter what I do, I’m unable to get FirePlay 0.89 to connect.

http://server:3689/ gets me to web admin pages …
    http://server:3689/FirePlay.html and
    http://fireplay/index.html both bring up the Fireplay.swf…

However, no matter what machine (3 different XP machines) running IE7 / Firefox 3 / Opera 9.6 with flash10 installed, I’m unable to get it to do more than sit there saying “Connecting to http://server:3689” … Even the machine that has iTunes installed, and is playing music from the server is unable to get fireplay working …

I realise the answer is somewhere in the previous 56 pages, but it’s a little much to look through… Can someone help me PLEASE? 🙂

(as a minor nuisance, how do I get Fireplay to not request the admin login details when being run from outside the admin area?)

@shley

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have exactly the same issue, running the last full release of firelfy.

I **think** the issue is that the release versions do not support rsp, used by fireplay.

No matter how much reading I do here, i cannot find the answer so can some kind soul please confirm:

is my assumption above correct and:

Which version (release or nightly build) supports rsp and the fireplay client?

p3t3Pan

Hi all,

Im totally new with FireFly, FirePlay and all of that.
    one thing I can say right out of the box that FirePlay seems to be a really good Player(web-based).

So, as there is such a high demand of contribution and questions it gets kidna crowded in this thread, as also mentioned above.
    Before I post my question Id like you, the Site-Admin or whoever, to considere maybe settin up a sub-forum for FirePlay-Support, so its easier to answer questions.

NOW!
    Ive set up Firefly successfuly on a Ubuntu server.
    It streams nicely to my Rhythmbox client and also Fireplay seems to work fine. UNTIL: I try to access the Server from outside my network, via DynDNS or external IP. It seems that everytime I access the FirePlay.html FireFly seems to crash! This doesnt happen from the local-network though!

So Id love to hear from you guys what to do about it, or if it isnt possible at all.
    Furthermore I have one request: Would it be possible to either move the Fireplay.html to another directory or change the Access-REstriction to it, since I dont want people I might share music with to have access to config.html but still access FirePlay.html.

I saw there was a request on using another port, that might be overkill, but eg. a running Webserver would do great serving the html file wouldnt it?
    My guess!

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’am having problems running fireplay in a virtual directory through a reverse proxy. The flash interface comes up, but has no content. Is there something with the paths (absolute/relative) I can change to make it work, Bo? Reverse proxy to virtual host like music.example.com works great but to virtual directory like http://www.example.com/music show just the interface without any content. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

djvanas

Hi all,

This is my fisrt message on this forum, I’m happy to participate.

Being a newbie to FireFly and FirePlay I was wondering if somebody has a manual available. I have installed FireFly succesfully (I think) and copied my iTunes library to a Windows Home Server on my network. I have manually adjusted the paths to the music folders. FireFly shows the Playlist in the iTunes files but when I log into FirePlay I get an empty musicplayer. It does display: connecting to://192.168.1.10:9999 but the fields that should display the different tracks from my iTunes libarary remain empty……

Can someone please give me a hint how to fix this problem?

Tnx in advance, greetings from Holland,

David

RigasW
    Participant

Hi David,

if you browse that thread you will see that some users did have had that problem.
    We have two computers, where fireplay works and one, where we have the same problem that you have.

To make sure that your firefly server installation works well, I suggest to install another client software like Firefly Java Client.

Rigas

Anonymous
    Inactive

Message for Bo…

Bo – I do not see any way to PM you on this board or other means to email you.

I want to discuss a (potential) commercial use of fireplay – have you a way we can get in touch?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

@djvanas wrote:

Hi all,

This is my fisrt message on this forum, I’m happy to participate.

Being a newbie to FireFly and FirePlay I was wondering if somebody has a manual available. I have installed FireFly succesfully (I think) and copied my iTunes library to a Windows Home Server on my network. I have manually adjusted the paths to the music folders. FireFly shows the Playlist in the iTunes files but when I log into FirePlay I get an empty musicplayer. It does display: connecting to://192.168.1.10:9999 but the fields that should display the different tracks from my iTunes libarary remain empty……

Can someone please give me a hint how to fix this problem?

Tnx in advance, greetings from Holland,

David

Hi David,

As your using Windows Home Server, you might want to install the Fireplay Add-In for WHS which will configure it all for you. It’s available from http://www.mediasmartserver.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3999

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

Hey Niznak!

You can always reach me at [email protected].

Latest version will soon be up for download, but as of now it’s still 0.89. 0.90 has
    better search, fixed queue-list etc.

Best regards,

/Bo

RigasW
    Participant

Just a question:

Is there a way to sort Playlists in FirePlay? They are listed in the order of creation …

Rigas

Viewing 10 posts - 841 through 850 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.