Firefly now running on unmodifed Linkstation Live/Pro

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Firefly now running on unmodifed Linkstation Live/Pro

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Kaiten
    Participant

@taalas wrote:

All is well now, web interface gives errors sometimes when writing a new password or server name (Error500:adminpass e.g.) but I think this is Firefly-related.

It is πŸ˜€

taalas
    Participant

Phew πŸ˜‰ good to knew, I was guessing there πŸ˜€

cezza
    Participant

@bawbagg wrote:

I’ve been able to get Firefly running on my unmodded Linkstation Live (with a 500GB disk πŸ˜‰ ).

[edit]

I posted a detailed howto on the Linkstation forums – thread is http://forum.linkstationwiki.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3509

Just wanted to say that this is by far the easiest set of instructions for getting Firefly running on a NAS (and specifically the Linkstation) that I’ve seen. Thank you for taking the time to produce them.

I’ve been playing around with the idea of getting a NAS device for my Roku Soundbridge for some time now, and this solution fits…

cezza
    Participant

@bawbagg wrote:

I posted a detailed howto on the Linkstation forums – thread is http://forum.linkstationwiki.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3509

I’ve been playing with the Firefly package that’s detailed in the howto, and determined that /etc/init.d/firefly doesn’t support the restart parameter. This can be fixed by editing /etc/init.d/firefly and changing this:

restart)
    stop
    start
    ;;

To this:

restart)
    $0 stop
    $0 start
    ;;

I guess for convention’s sake /etc/init.d/firefly should be renamed /etc/init.d/firefly.sh…

Also, having looked at one of Kaiten’s posts elsewhere (and assuming the above edit has been made and that /etc/init.d/firefly has been renamed /etc/init.d/firefly.sh), I’ve determined that you can set daemonwatcher to automatically restart Firefly it it’s stopped running by adding the following to /etc/daemonwatch.list:

/var/run/mt-daapd.pid           /etc/init.d/firefly.sh restart
    Sam1
    Participant

Thanks for the excellent instructions on the Linkstation. Worked first time except for the problem with the configuration file. I cannot edit this from the web interface as posted on this thread. I have tried changing the permissions on the mt-daapt.conf file through telnet using the chmod 777 mt-daapd.conf still no joy…

Any ideas?

rpedde
    Participant

@Sam1 wrote:

Thanks for the excellent instructions on the Linkstation. Worked first time except for the problem with the configuration file. I cannot edit this from the web interface as posted on this thread. I have tried changing the permissions on the mt-daapt.conf file through telnet using the chmod 777 mt-daapd.conf still no joy…

Any ideas?

What does it do?

Sam1
    Participant

Sorry Ron, I should have given more detail. SVN-1586

When I go to the web interface and try to open the configuration page I get [Your config file is not writable, you can not change anything using this webpage]. All of the options are visible but not editable.

Telnet in to see what permissions are set

[root@HS-DHGL70A:/etc/mt-daapd# ls -l
    -rw-r–r– 1 root root 8172 Oct 8 20:53 mt-daapd.conf]

I ran [chmod 0666 /dev/null] and checked the permissions. Results are: [crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1, 3 Oct 10 2001 null]

I then ran [chmod 777 mt-daapd.conf] the results below.
    [-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 457 Sep 22 14:06 mt-daapd.conf]

Still not able to edit the configuration file from the web interface.

Am I doing anything stupid?

rpedde
    Participant

@Sam1 wrote:

Sorry Ron, I should have given more detail. SVN-1586

When I go to the web interface and try to open the configuration page I get [Your config file is not writable, you can not change anything using this webpage]. All of the options are visible but not editable.

Telnet in to see what permissions are set

[root@HS-DHGL70A:/etc/mt-daapd# ls -l
    -rw-r–r– 1 root root 8172 Oct 8 20:53 mt-daapd.conf]

I ran [chmod 0666 /dev/null] and checked the permissions. Results are: [crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1, 3 Oct 10 2001 null]

I then ran [chmod 777 mt-daapd.conf] the results below.
    [-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 457 Sep 22 14:06 mt-daapd.conf]

Still not able to edit the configuration file from the web interface.

Am I doing anything stupid?

The only thing I can think is that maybe that’s not the config file you think it is. Is that really the same config file that it says is the config file in the web interface?

What’s the full path?

Sam1
    Participant

Hi Ron, Sorry for the delay in reply……it’s the time difference.

The path in the web config is [Config File Location /etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf]

C[/quote]

rpedde
    Participant

@Sam1 wrote:

Hi Ron, Sorry for the delay in reply……it’s the time difference.

The path in the web config is [Config File Location /etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf]

C

[/quote]

Hrm. Try chmod 666? I’ll double-check the code, but it sure should work.

πŸ™

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.