Feedback on svn-1340

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

@grommet wrote:

So, if that is fixed… everything is looking very good, Ron! Now I can bug you about the missing WMA size/sample rate info… and the missing additional WM/Composer entries, again. 8)

I did look at wm/composer. Strangely, the “extra” composers aren’t stored in the same section as the rest of the tags. They are stored in another header, and the wma doc doesn’t seem to show how they are stored. :/

Looks implementation-specific or something. I’m going to have another go at it, but it wasn’t an obvious “oh, I messed that up” kind of thing — it was a “oh, this will take significant effort” kind of thing. So I shelved it.

hopefully this drop will become a stable, and I can start working on features again. I really want to work on the database stuff, and the user-side tagging stuff.

— Ron

grommet
    Participant

Yeah, I think the Microsoft documentation only tells you what to call to extract it… not the internals. D’oh.

If you can handle Perl, Slim Devices did somewhat recently add code into their Slimserver 6.5 WMA parser. It understands multiple everything now in WMA… composers, artists, genres, etc. Here is the change: http://svn.slimdevices.com/?rev=8136&view=rev Maybe it can help point you the way…

Yes, bring on the features! If I can get multiple name/metadata (& Album Artist grouping) support like WMC 2.0 (and Slimserver) allows, I’d never need to look elsewhere. Keep up the good work.

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.