Fedora 8 issues with -cp flag and GDBM

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Fedora 8 issues with -cp flag and GDBM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

mt-daapd/Firefly Version: stable 0.2.4.1
    Server Operating System: Fedora 8
    Server Hardware: VMWare Workstation 5

Hi Guys,
    I’m having a bit of bother with 2 issues when trying to get mt-daapd working. The first is probably rather simple.

When running the suggested command to get mt-daapd to start at boot:

cp contrib/mt-daapd /etc/rc.d/init.d /sbin/chkconfig –add mt-daapd

I am returned the following error message:

cp: unrecognized option `–add’
    Try `cp –help’ for more information.

Now, my Linux knowledge isn’t that extensive, so i’m unaware of what flag i should be using in place of –add?

Secondly, when trying to run the following command to start mt-daapd manually:

./contrib/mt-daapd start

I am given the following error:

Starting DAAP server: mt-daapd: error while loading shared libraries: libgdbm.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    [FAILED]

I have both gdbm and gdbm-devel installed, and i can’t remember seeing any relevant errors during the configure / install of mt-daapd.

Any ideas on either problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Justin

rpedde
    Participant

@egg-box wrote:

When running the suggested command to get mt-daapd to start at boot:

cp contrib/mt-daapd /etc/rc.d/init.d /sbin/chkconfig –add mt-daapd

I am returned the following error message:

cp: unrecognized option `–add’
    Try `cp –help’ for more information.

Now, my Linux knowledge isn’t that extensive, so i’m unaware of what flag i should be using in place of –add?

This one is fairly easy:

foo@bar# cp contrib/mt-daapd /etc/rc.d/init.d
    foo@bar# /sbin/chkconfig –add mt-daapd

Two separate commands, y’see.

Secondly, when trying to run the following command to start mt-daapd manually:

./contrib/mt-daapd start

I am given the following error:

Starting DAAP server: mt-daapd: error while loading shared libraries: libgdbm.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    [FAILED]

I have both gdbm and gdbm-devel installed, and i can’t remember seeing any relevant errors during the configure / install of mt-daapd.

This one is harder. Did you compile from source? If so, then it should be build to the gdbm version you have. Unless maybe it’s a lib32/lib64 issue. Is this a 64bit cpu?

I think fc8 is multiarch, and sometimes with old broken (like mine!) packages, it gets ticked off about the lib32/64 thing.

Wonder if that could be it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

Of course! D’oh! Working now!

@rpedde wrote:

This one is harder. Did you compile from source? If so, then it should be build to the gdbm version you have. Unless maybe it’s a lib32/lib64 issue. Is this a 64bit cpu?

I think fc8 is multiarch, and sometimes with old broken (like mine!) packages, it gets ticked off about the lib32/64 thing.

Nope it’s a 32bit virtual machine that I’m testing on before I go out and buy some kit for a proper build.

I went through the package options of FC8 and found some extra GDBM stuff that I hadn’t installed. So i installed them and recompiled mt-daapd. I was then presented with an error about not being able to find the libid3 files – turns out that was because they were not in the default location. So, i recompiled and installed again, but this time with the –with-id3tag= flag and now all is working perfectly!

Only thing left to do is buy some low power / noise kit to build a proper media server!

One last thing – is Firefly only compatible with Soundbridge / iTunes, or can i use any uPnp AV client?

Thanks!
    Justin

rpedde
    Participant

@egg-box wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

Of course! D’oh! Working now!

@rpedde wrote:

Nope it’s a 32bit virtual machine that I’m testing on before I go out and buy some kit for a proper build.

I went through the package options of FC8 and found some extra GDBM stuff that I hadn’t installed. So i installed them and recompiled mt-daapd. I was then presented with an error about not being able to find the libid3 files – turns out that was because they were not in the default location. So, i recompiled and installed again, but this time with the –with-id3tag= flag and now all is working perfectly!

Only thing left to do is buy some low power / noise kit to build a proper media server!

One last thing – is Firefly only compatible with Soundbridge / iTunes, or can i use any uPnp AV client?

Thanks!
    Justin

Doesn’t do upnp, just daap/rsp, which makes it soundbridge/iTunes.

a full upnp server is on the timeline, though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

a full upnp server is on the timeline, though.

That would be excellent – looking forward to it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.