FAT32 maximum drive size and Firefly

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues FAT32 maximum drive size and Firefly

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

@JuanLu wrote:

and each edit takes more than 30 min. of HD rattling and slug thinking !!!!

The play list is more than 600 items and the database is sqlite (not sqlite3).

Is this for normal.. so long time to perform the edit?

Otherwise I’m very happy with Firefly… 1000 thanks again Ron!!!!!

That seems kind of excessive. It might be that on something like a slug, it would make more sense to turn off the background scans (particularly when you are doing big updates like that), and then either turn it back on after you are done, or just leave it off and force a scan through the web interface when you are done adding or editing.

— ROn

turned off background scans, but on editing the slug is unreachable and the Soundbridge stops playing music until edit is done?

one question more (sorry ๐Ÿ˜ณ ) when playing aifs the Soundbridge gives not the elapsed time info and the status bar is solid from the beginning of the track. When playing wavs the behaviour is as expected. When the slug was Unslung -now Debian- all the aifs were correctly displayed on the Soundbridge… โ“

Thanks again!

rpedde
    Participant

@JuanLu wrote:

turned off background scans, but on editing the slug is unreachable and the Soundbridge stops playing music until edit is done?

Hmm… one thing it does on a playlist edit it to rebuild all the playlist counts and stuff. Do you have a lot of playlists, or playlists with lots of items on them?

It may be that the newest nightly (still in progress) will solve that. The playlists are not stored in the database any more, and I think that will make it perform much better. Can’t tell yet, as I haven’t run it on a slug yet. Still have a bit more to go (not a lot though, it’s almost ready to drop as a nightly).

one question more (sorry ๐Ÿ˜ณ ) when playing aifs the Soundbridge gives not the elapsed time info and the status bar is solid from the beginning of the track. When playing wavs the behaviour is as expected. When the slug was Unslung -now Debian- all the aifs were correctly displayed on the Soundbridge… โ“

Thanks again!

That may be a bug introduced in newer nightlies. I’ll take a look at that.

– Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

@JuanLu wrote:

Hmm… one thing it does on a playlist edit it to rebuild all the playlist counts and stuff. Do you have a lot of playlists, or playlists with lots of items on them?

It may be that the newest nightly (still in progress) will solve that. The playlists are not stored in the database any more, and I think that will make it perform much better. Can’t tell yet, as I haven’t run it on a slug yet. Still have a bit more to go (not a lot though, it’s almost ready to drop as a nightly).

Thanks again!

That may be a bug introduced in newer nightlies. I’ll take a look at that.

– Ron

Yes… I do have more than 600 playlist and each one storing a lot of items. Each directory is a cd or a set of cds (i.e. a long work: Tristan und Isolde), so I imagine it’s a hard work to rebuild database.

I was thinking to migrate the whole thing to an AppleTV hacked as a OS X box. I tested Firefly with an old iBook and worked really good in despite of being only usb1 capable… but wanted to give the slug another chance (btw you do have the same setup than me…? Debian slug – Soundbridge).

Thans a lot.

p.d. Ron… maybe would be a good idea to change the subject of the thread? it is not related to the size of the drive anymore….

rpedde
    Participant

@JuanLu wrote:

I was thinking to migrate the whole thing to an AppleTV hacked as a OS X box. I tested Firefly with an old iBook and worked really good in despite of being only usb1 capable… but wanted to give the slug another chance (btw you do have the same setup than me…? Debian slug – Soundbridge).

yeah, that’s what serves my soundbridge. (actually mine is served off the unslung one, not my debian one). But yeah. That’s part of what’s driving me to fix teh db stuff and playlist stuff, to speed up iTunes connects and improve playlist response. We’ll see how it goes.

p.d. Ron… maybe would be a good idea to change the subject of the thread? it is not related to the size of the drive anymore….

Hrm, but I don’t know what I’d call it. “Conversation about various stuff”? ๐Ÿ™‚

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.