DebianSlug Arm package

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    mumsoft
    Participant

@mumsoft wrote:

It’s a pity that xaviour is not looking here anymore. he has a Asus WL-700gE like me and could recompile oggdec succesfully.

Just a thought. I can’t send him/her a private message, as this board does not allow it.
    But I guess someone here, Ron?, can.
    Just a little question to be so kind to look at my stumbling over ivorbis-tools. Is that possible?

I have another option. That is, to wait. Just wait. I have never had a problem with Linux that wasn’t solved by just waiting.

But for the moment I feel sorry that I have bought this Roku Soundbridge and trusted that Firefly could serve it my ogg files.

rpedde
    Participant

@mumsoft wrote:

@mumsoft wrote:

It’s a pity that xaviour is not looking here anymore. he has a Asus WL-700gE like me and could recompile oggdec succesfully.

Just a thought. I can’t send him/her a private message, as this board does not allow it.
    Just a little question to be so kind to look at my stumbling over ivorbis-tools. Is that possible?

I have another option. That is, to wait. Just wait. I have never had a problem with Linux that wasn’t solved by just waiting.

But for the moment I feel sorry that I have bought this Roku Soundbridge and trusted that Firefly could serve it my ogg files.

I’m not sure I understand the problem. Did you ipkg install “ivorbis-tools”?

That has all the right patches and everything. If you are on an optware platform, that should work. It uses the right endianness based on the platform and enables or disables byteswapping appropriately.

So what isn’t working? Do you get noise when you try to transcode ogg, or does it just not transcode? Because it doesn’t look like you should be having problems if you are using the optware stuff.

mumsoft
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@mumsoft wrote:

@mumsoft wrote:

I’m not sure I understand the problem. Did you ipkg install “ivorbis-tools”?

That has all the right patches and everything. If you are on an optware platform, that should work. It uses the right endianness based on the platform and enables or disables byteswapping appropriately.

So what isn’t working? Do you get noise when you try to transcode ogg, or does it just not transcode? Because it doesn’t look like you should be having problems if you are using the optware stuff.

It is the same problem Mr. xaviour had, that he posted here: http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=5979
    At first transcoding did not work, as i had posted here:
    http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=6024&highlight=
    But it ended in ogg giving noise only. So I tried to recompile (i)vorbis-tools with your patch.
    Mr xaviour was luckier than me, but kept silent about how-to.

I have vague plans to patch the 1.1.1 version of the vorbis-tools and try again, but a little help from xaviour would be a real saviour.

rpedde
    Participant

@mumsoft wrote:

It is the same problem Mr. xaviour had, that he posted here: http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=5979
    At first transcoding did not work, as i had posted here:
    http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=6024&highlight=
    But it ended in ogg giving noise only. So I tried to recompile (i)vorbis-tools with your patch.
    Mr xaviour was luckier than me, but kept silent about how-to.

I have vague plans to patch the 1.1.1 version of the vorbis-tools and try again, but a little help from xaviour would be a real saviour.

Is there a reason you don’t want to use the unslung repository? Because that has working binaries.

Also, I’m not sure where you got your source code from, but if you use the source tarballs from the unslung repo, I’ve verified this afternoon that it compiles cleanly.

It appears there are a couple more patches in svn for unslung, but here’s the sources and patches I worked with this afternoon:

http://nslu.sourceforge.net/downloads/libvorbisidec-cvs-20050221.tar.gz
    http://www.vorbis.com/files/1.0/unix/vorbis-tools-1.0.tar.gz
    http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/optware/trunk/sources/ivorbis-tools/oggdec-tremor.patch
    http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/optware/trunk/sources/ivorbis-tools/oggdec-endian.patch

Compile libvorbisidec. I used defaults. Untar the vorbistools and apply first the tremor patch, then the endian patch. Then compile. I used –with-ogg and –with-vorbis, and it compiled cleanly, although I must mention that I was of course using the unslung build harness.

This should produce an integer decoder oggdec. if you run it with -v, it should mention that it is using tremor.

Beyond that, I can’t tell you much, except perhaps to recommend using the unslung repository, as I can verify that works.

— Ron

mumsoft
    Participant

Ron,

Thanks.
    My packages come from here:
    http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/
    I thought that unslung stood for optware.

Well, I recompiled, but got the same error with the patched vorbis-tools:

checking for Vorbis... no
    *** Could not run Vorbis test program, checking why...
    *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
    *** exact error that occured. This usually means Vorbis was incorrectly installed
    *** or that you have moved Vorbis since it was installed.
    configure: error: Vorbis needed!

In config.log:

/opt/lib/gcc/mipsel-linux-uclibc/4.1.1/../../../libvorbis.so: undefined reference to `lrint'

Essentially the same as yesterday.

I don’t expect you to come with a solution though. I hope the ivorbis-tools package will be repaired soon.

Marc

rpedde
    Participant

@mumsoft wrote:

Ron,

Thanks.
    My packages come from here:
    http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/
    I thought that unslung stood for optware.

Well, I recompiled, but got the same error with the patched vorbis-tools:

checking for Vorbis... no
    *** Could not run Vorbis test program, checking why...
    *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
    *** exact error that occured. This usually means Vorbis was incorrectly installed
    *** or that you have moved Vorbis since it was installed.
    configure: error: Vorbis needed!

In config.log:

/opt/lib/gcc/mipsel-linux-uclibc/4.1.1/../../../libvorbis.so: undefined reference to `lrint'

Essentially the same as yesterday.

I don’t expect you to come with a solution though. I hope the ivorbis-tools package will be repaired soon.

Marc

Hrm. I didn’t use the oleg chain, I was using th wl-500g build chain. I’ll try oleg probably later this weekend.

— Ron

mumsoft
    Participant

Ron,

Hrm. I didn’t use the oleg chain, I was using th wl-500g build chain. I’ll try oleg probably later this weekend.

I would appreciate that. Meanwhile I have asked Sollie (he has compiled mt-daapd on his WL-700gE too) to repeat my steps. It could be that my setup is not correct.

I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think that packages for the wl-500g are useful for the WL-700gE with KCFurge template. I might have tried some in the past and did not succeed.

rpedde
    Participant

@mumsoft wrote:

I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think that packages for the wl-500g are useful for the WL-700gE with KCFurge template. I might have tried some in the past and did not succeed.

That could be, but the unslung build chain is really featureful, and easy to repeatably cross-compile. Doing random cross-compilation without the unslung build-harness is fraught with problems, in my experience.

Every time I’ve tried to port to something with cross-compiler, it was always hit or miss — some packages compiled with different options, etc.

If the wl-700ge firmware could be made compatible with unslung, it would be a win for everyone. Not the least of all, users, who would have thousands of packages to choose from.

I guess it’s easy to see I’m something of an unslung bigot — seems like it’s easy to get a platform working with unslung, and once that’s done, the benefits are huge.

Meanwhile, I didn’t yet compile with oleg. I’ll still try it. If nothing else, you can untar the ipkg and see if it runs.

— Ron

sollie
    Participant

Can somebody tell me wich command to use, for adding the patch.

Sollie.

mumsoft
    Participant

Hi Sollie,

@sollie wrote:

Can somebody tell me wich command to use, for adding the patch.

Sollie.

I thought I taught you that…

patch -p1 

Do this in the directory where you have the directory

vorbis-tools-1.0

and both patch-files of course.

This gives me this 'error':

can't find file to patch at input line 4
    Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
    The text leading up to this was:
    |diff -ur vorbis-tools-1.0.dist/ogg123/Makefile.in vorbis-tools-1.0/ogg123/Makefile.in
    |--- vorbis-tools-1.0.dist/ogg123/Makefile.in 2002-07-19 09:19:14.000000000 -0500
    |+++ vorbis-tools-1.0/ogg123/Makefile.in 2005-04-13 01:23:38.000000000 -0500
    File to patch:

Then enter (cut & paste)

vorbis-tools-1.0/ogg123/Makefile.in

This repeats several times with different files it can't find, due to the difference in the date. And that does not matter here.

Succes
    Marc

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.