DaapPlaylistGenerator

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    EVILRipper
    Participant

Time to keep track of a changelog..

** 11-dec-07 - 0.2.1
    ** - Fixed XSPF Playlists. (No more %20 instead of spaces)
    ** - Removed password from output file
    ** - Fixed bug after generating more than one playlist in a row

I would really appreciate anyone testing, and especially letting me know if it worked or not.
    Also, I would really appreciate any ideas to further improve this application’s functionality.

Kind regards,
    Erik

T-bird
    Participant

Just DL your program v 0.2.1

Can’t start the prog, get an error messages saying something about “the program configuration is wrong”

EVILRipper
    Participant

I finally found the time to spend more time improving DPG.
    I guess alot of people had trouble running the app, because I forgot to include all libraries for non-developers. (hehe, woops.)
    If you find any more difficulties or would like another feature, let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚

** 20-dec-07 - 0.3.0
    ** - Included libraries for non-developers. (Woops!)
    ** - Multithreaded application. In short, the window won't hang anymore when downloading songlist.
    ** Known Bug(s)
    ** - Playlist not generated when dragging window when songlist is downloaded.
    cstern
    Participant

@EVILRipper wrote:

I finally found the time to spend more time improving DPG.
    I guess alot of people had trouble running the app, because I forgot to include all libraries for non-developers. (hehe, woops.)
    If you find any more difficulties or would like another feature, let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Still crashes. I can see in the debug dump (Windows standard error info) that the titles actually are being downloaded but at a certain point it crashes. Could it be a buffer overrun? Do you write out the data sequentially or do you retrieve the data to memory? I have about 24000 songs and perhaps that fills the memory you have set aside for the list. If you can make a version which writes after each, say, 100 songs, I’d be happy to test it for you. I understand it will probably be much slower but the other version certainly doesn’t work for me…

EVILRipper
    Participant

You’re probably right. The list is currently limited to 500 * 1024 = 512000 bytes.

Could you try downloading the raw DAAP songlist?
    Run the following URL and it should show you a download for a xdmap-tagged file. Please check the size of that file. (in bytes ofcourse)

Without password:
    http://:3689/databases/1/items?type=music&meta=dmap.itemid,dmap.itemname,daap.songartist,daap.songtime,daap.songformat

With password:
    http://dummy:

But indeed I guess this exceeds the 512000 limit..

[edit]Err. I am 100% thats the one causing it. 4140 songs create a filesize of 413795 bytes. Let alone 24000 songs.[/edit]

[edit2]
    *sigh* C++ causes a buffer overflow when trying to allocate more than ~900000 bytes. So I guess I’ll have to do it another way. Could you try a different URL instead:

Without password:
    http://:3689/databases/1/items?type=music&meta=dmap.itemname

With password:
    http://dummy:

And could you tell me how much bytes this URL generates? Thanks!
    [/edit2]

Kind regards,
    Erik

cstern
    Participant

870879 bytes

EVILRipper
    Participant

@cstern wrote:

870879 bytes

Thanks. Will fix this when I have the time. (Which is probably in a day or 2)

EVILRipper
    Participant

Well there we go, found a way to read the response in chunks, so no more overflow there.

** 29-dec-07 – 0.3.1
    ** – Modified code to read chunks of code in order to support bigger libraries.
    ** Known Bug(s)
    ** – Playlist not generated when dragging window when songlist is downloaded.
    ** – Randomly adds garbage to the artist tag.

cstern
    Participant

Still crashes – but takes much longer before that. Looking in the debug info it doesn’t look like any title data is in the memory dump, so the crash must happen after collection of the data. Do you make some temporary files somewhere during the data collection?

EVILRipper
    Participant

Ok. I copied my whole music database about 6 times which got me to 27.000 songs. After fixing a few bugs (which could have been causing your crash), it now successfully generates a playlist from it.
    Hope now it does work? ๐Ÿ™‚

** 31-dec-07 – 0.3.2
    ** – Fixed bug that added random garbage to artist tag.
    ** – Modified max songtitle size from 100 to 500.
    ** – Modified max artist size from 100 to 500.
    ** Known Bug(s)
    ** – Playlist not generated when dragging window when songlist is downloaded.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.