Crossfire release 0.5.0 (webbased streaming client)

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software Crossfire release 0.5.0 (webbased streaming client)

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    fizze
    Participant

I did modify the index.html accordingly, no doubt about that. πŸ˜‰
    Its not working at all with any other skins. Just with the default.xml.

Btw I’m currently using cherokee 0.5.6-3. I see that 0.6.1-2 is also available as ipkg, so I can upgrade if necessary.

sonichouse
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Btw I’m currently using cherokee 0.5.6-3. I see that 0.6.1-2 is also available as ipkg, so I can upgrade if necessary.

Hi Fizze,
    wrt Cherokee – I upgraded at the weekend – beware as the virtual directory handling and fast-cgi is different.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just compiled/installed Cherokee 0.6.1 with PHP 5.2.5 as fcgi module on my embedded MyBook with Firefly svn-1696 and it seem to work fine without any modifications using Firefox and IE πŸ˜‰

Cheers,
    Tony

Anonymous
    Inactive

@blamm wrote:

Hi.

This is great. Works a treat in Firefox. Now I am going to have to get an iPod Touch!

Couple of questions:

None of the browse lists are not sorted alphabetically. Makes it difficult to find stuff. Can that be fixed?

Any playlist edit functionality planned?

Ta

I am definitely not done yet πŸ˜€ Currently the app is using the DAAP protocol spec, which doesnt support sorting (unless I load the whole playlist). In fact I am thinking of using a complete different approach by embracing SQLite instead of the tcp/ip based DAAP protocol… The only reason why I based it on DAAP was the possibility to use it with iTunes aswell. Since iTunes 7.1 requires authorized $$$ Apple Certificates to authorize the application, i have no reason try and support it anymore.

Cheers,
    Tony

blamm
    Participant

@edgecrush3r wrote:

@blamm wrote:

Hi.

This is great. Works a treat in Firefox. Now I am going to have to get an iPod Touch!

Couple of questions:

None of the browse lists are not sorted alphabetically. Makes it difficult to find stuff. Can that be fixed?

Any playlist edit functionality planned?

Ta

I am definitely not done yet πŸ˜€ Currently the app is using the DAAP protocol spec, which doesnt support sorting (unless I load the whole playlist). In fact I am thinking of using a complete different approach by embracing SQLite instead of the tcp/ip based DAAP protocol… The only reason why I based it on DAAP was the possibility to use it with iTunes aswell. Since iTunes 7.1 requires authorized $$$ Apple Certificates to authorize the application, i have no reason try and support it anymore.

Cheers,
    Tony

Great. Thanks.

fizze
    Participant

@edgecrush3r wrote:

I just compiled/installed Cherokee 0.6.1 with PHP 5.2.5 as fcgi module on my embedded MyBook with Firefly svn-1696 and it seem to work fine without any modifications using Firefox and IE πŸ˜‰

Cheers,
    Tony

Hm, I’ll try and upgrade to cherokee 0.6.1 then. You are using the quicktime plugin to play mp3, or anything else?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just the standard Apple QT plugin, but if required i can make you a template which uses WMplayer (its on my TODO list anyway πŸ˜‰ ).

Cheers,
    Tony

fizze
    Participant

Ok, check, it’s working with cherokee 0.6.2-1 πŸ˜‰ and the default jtiger skin.
    But the “default” firefox skin still gives those weird effects.
    Now On the n810 it’s still no-go, but I believe that has to do with the microb.

I always wanted to try out firefox on maemo anyways. At least you know cherokee >0.5 is required now πŸ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

By default Crossfire will load the right skin according to the browsers-useragent (identifier).
    In the config.xml file you can add your own skins and add a regular expression to match the device…
    The only requirements for the Browser, is that it needs to be AJAX compatible.

I did some research, and it seems the N810 uses:
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux armv6l; en-US; rv:1.9a6pre) Gecko/20070926 Firefox/3.0a1 Tablet browser 0.1.22 RX-34+RX-44_OSSO1.1_0.2007.39-1
    or
    Firefox/3.0a1 Tablet browser 02.2 RX-34+RX-44_2008SE_2-2007.50-2

just edit the config.xml file and add a gui_template_file entry to match it:

fizze
    Participant

Yeah, I figured that much out.

The problem is that the browser on the N810 apparently lacks plugins to play mp3, and it even refuses to download the streamed mp3 from binairproxy.php.
    It even opens the link in its own media-player (which is the crappiest thing next to WMP, perhaps). Oh, and it doesn’t even open the poster image file that displays the headphones. Peculiar.
    πŸ™„

edit:
    I just installed a beta of mobile-firefox onto my n810, and it clearly has to do with the lack of a mp3-capable plugin. Oh well. Im happy with FirePlay on my N810 anywho. But The finger-friendly layout would be nice. I guess the day will come when mobile firefox will be ready, and an mplayer plugin ported. πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.