Connection to FirePlay via a proxy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    goana
    Participant

hi,

great add-on, works perfect when I have a direct connection to the internet. But when I am behind a proxy server (e.g. at my office), I can not get any connection (“connection failed”).
    Any idea which settings I have to change or is it not possible to connect FirePlay through a proxy server?

I am glad about any help

goana

Anonymous
    Inactive

Interesting, I am behind a proxy at work as well and had no problems. It seems to me that if your browser can connect to other sites, it should be able to connect to FirePlay.

goana
    Participant

@jkrell: I am completely agree with you, but it is not working.

I had also a similar network problem with winamp shoutcast radio which did not list the radio stations. After inserting my proxy settings with username and password in the menu “general settings”, then winamp was able to list all the different radio stations.
    Maybe this is a problem due to a special proxy/firewall setting of my company?

Are there any ideas to solve the problem?

thanks in advance

goana

EVILRipper
    Participant

Can you reach firefly’s adminpage?
    If so, you should be able to reach fireplay too.
    However, ‘streaming’ the music might not work due to the proxy.

goana
    Participant

Can you reach firefly’s adminpage?
    If so, you should be able to reach fireplay too.
    However, ‘streaming’ the music might not work due to the proxy.

I can not reach my adminpage when I behind a proxy :-(.

However, I can hear radio streams behind this proxy when I am using winamp shoutcast radio (with this special settings like user and password for that proxy). Are there any changes to fill this settings also into the fireplay add-on?

EVILRipper
    Participant

Then it sounds to me you have to setup Internet Explorer or Firefox to use the user and password for the proxy to connect to your adminpage/fireplay on port 3689.

Doing a quick search in Firefox I found a way to do the same as winamp:
    Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network (tab) -> Settings

But I’m not sure if the proxy will work, as you will be connecting to port 3689.

Maybe this addon might help you out.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2464

(I hope you’re using firefox XD)

Proxydude

Great addon tanks for the link 😆 Thats why i love FF the addons so many to pick from

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.