Build firefly nightly on WL-500g

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

@gusdesigns wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

I did see that I think I’m using the wrong build chain, though, so I’m going to try a different chain and see what that does.

I think the build chain is ok (FF did work in foreground); prolly more an authorization/root account/ … issue when running in background, no? ❓

Actually, I think it’s probably a path issue. Like it’s picking up a wrong library or something.

Anyway, I did get it installed, got unslung installed, and when I left off last night, I got most of the dev libraries loaded. I want to load a full dev chain on it and compile natively so I can run gdb, though.

Getting there… I’ve not forgotten, just moving slowly. πŸ™‚

— Ron

gusdesigns
    Participant

wl500g is still broken in 1571?

rpedde
    Participant

@gusdesigns wrote:

wl500g is still broken in 1571?

afaik. Got UPnP disco done today, so will look at it tonight, now that I have a test machine for it.

— Ron

mhomeijer
    Participant

Did anyone succeed in running firefly on the asus 500g? I’d like to give it a try and test a working setup, but I am not sure if the current versions worth testing.

TIA
    Michael

rpedde
    Participant

@mhomeijer wrote:

Did anyone succeed in running firefly on the asus 500g? I’d like to give it a try and test a working setup, but I am not sure if the current versions worth testing.

TIA
    Michael

I really have no idea why it won’t work. That is, why it will work in the foreground but not background. Inexplicable.

I’m going to try building with the oleg toolchain rather than the wl500g toolchain, though, and see where that gets me.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

@mhomeijer wrote:

TIA
    Michael

Just wanted to point out that Firefly does seem to work perfectly well as long as you include the -f option in /opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd, i.e.

#!/bin/sh

# make sure our shared libraries are in the path.
    # if we get /etc/ld.so.conf working, this export
    # can be removed
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/lib

if [ -n "`pidof mt-daapd`" ] ; then
    killall mt-daapd 2>/dev/null
    fi

sleep 2
    /opt/sbin/mt-daapd -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf -f

I’ve been running it for several weeks now on my 500g deluxe with no problems. So I’d say it’s well worth a try.

Ron, I am using Oleg’s firmware, in case this makes a difference.

mhomeijer
    Participant

Ok, that succeeded.

In another thread I read that support for upnp is planned, will it be enabled for the asus package? With the current nightly (1586), the Noxon Audio will not discover the firefly server.

TIA
    Michael

rpedde
    Participant

@mhomeijer wrote:

Ok, that succeeded.

In another thread I read that support for upnp is planned, will it be enabled for the asus package? With the current nightly (1586), the Noxon Audio will not discover the firefly server.

TIA
    Michael

Yeah, once I get it at least sort-of working, I’ll turn it on for all platforms. I’m just finishing re-doing the cross-platform socket stuff, hopefully I’ll merge it back into head in the next couple days, and then I can get it working on Windows and unix as well.

stuckish

Hi!

I get the error that it seems that some other people also get.

Firefly Version svn-1545: Starting with debuglevel 9
    Attempting to load plugin /opt/share/mt-daapd/plugins/rsp.so
    Segmentation fault

Can i get some old package and get my roku soundbridge work with firefly on my wl500g .. it would be sooooo nice πŸ˜€ Then i can wake up in the morning to some nice music .. *mmm* .. πŸ™‚

rpedde
    Participant

@stuckish wrote:

Hi!

I get the error that it seems that some other people also get.

Firefly Version svn-1545: Starting with debuglevel 9
    Attempting to load plugin /opt/share/mt-daapd/plugins/rsp.so
    Segmentation fault

Can i get some old package and get my roku soundbridge work with firefly on my wl500g .. it would be sooooo nice πŸ˜€ Then i can wake up in the morning to some nice music .. *mmm* .. πŸ™‚

old packages are at ipkg.fireflymediaserver.org, or at nightlies.mt-daapd.org.

— Ron

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.