Best music format for Firefly and SoundBridge

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Best music format for Firefly and SoundBridge

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    richdunlop
    Participant

@jtbse wrote:

Hey Rich…

Curious…what’s in the reference version that pushed you to it? Did you get it for the “ultra secure” ripping mode? Or something else? Other than ultra secure ripping, I didn’t see too much in the additional features list that I would use enough to compel me to pay the extra for the reference version.

Am I missing out on something?

-Tim

Hi Tim. It was the ultra secure ripping mode and a head to head review of it against EAC secure mode that I saw on Hydrogen Audio. I was having some issues with EAC / cactus data protected CD’s on a NEC drive at the time and decided to swap a few things around. I’m not far enough into it to give much of a view on reference performance vs. EAC yet but it seems ok. Having said that having one tool for ripping is too good to be true so I’m not deleting EAC just yet! Ask me in another month or so when I’m a few hundred CD’s down…

jtbse
    Participant

Yeah…

I’d like to know how it goes for you.

As is my usual style, I expect I’ll just make an impulse purchase and upgrade the next time I come across a CD that I have trouble with! 🙂

S80_UK
    Participant

@richdunlop wrote:

Having said that having one tool for ripping is too good to be true so I’m not deleting EAC just yet! Ask me in another month or so when I’m a few hundred CD’s down…

Hi Rich,

I just completed “The Big Re-Rip Project” – 600+ CD’s – took around 3 months in short bursts. All ripped using EAC in my case, but running under control of AutoFLAC and also using AccurateRip for validation. Maybe I was lucky, but I had no issues with ripping as such. Just the usual hassle with tags not always aligned with one’s personal preferences, and sometimes full of typos. But all done now – and backed up onto spare drives too. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.