Anyone have a Kurobox step by step?

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Digital Larry
    Participant

Was gonna put up a screenshot but don’t have handy hosting service available. Anyway what it says is:
    ========================================
    Configuration

Note that the following fields will only be editable if the configuration file itself is writable by the mt-daapd server. If you make changes to these settings, they will not be reflected in the running server. The server must be restarted for these values to take effect.
    ========================================
    So I cannot change any of the settings in this screen is what I meant.

Anyway I need to get more current on the server, then let’s proceed.

Thx so much.

DL

CCRDude
    Participant

Yeah, you should definitively get a newer version πŸ™‚
    Take a look at nightlies.mt-daapd.org, the version ending in …powerpc.deb should be the right one (powerpc for the processor thats in the Kurobox, deb for standard debian package).

Not sure how the old one was made part of that image, you may be able to use aptitude remove mt-daapd to remove the old one, then install the new one (aptitude install mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1489_sarge_powerpc.deb). I’m not quite sure about those two commands from memory though πŸ˜‰

An alternative would be to download the tar.gz package, then do in its folder:

tar -xzvf mt-daapd-svn-1489.tar.gz
    cd mt-daapd-svn-1489
    ./configure --enable-oggvorbis --enable-flac --enable-musepack --enable-sqlite3
    make
    make install

The parameters behind configure are my preferences, not necessary if you don’t have oggs, flacs or musepack audio files, or are satisfied with whatever the default database is πŸ˜‰

To the problem you have though, you can fix that even with the old version, just do a

chmod +w /etc/mt-daapd.conf

Would probably be better to give only the user that runs mt-daapd write access, but I don’t know which one that is in the Sylver version πŸ˜‰

Finally, about screenshots: ImageShack does that for free, I use a plugin named ImageBot for Firefox, which is able to upload any image from the clipboard to ImageShack, and give you the links needed to post that on forums etc.

Digital Larry
    Participant

OK, well I had to take out flac support, and used sqlite instead of sqlite3, and ran these commands you gave me, and a whole bunch of stuff happened…

So how do I know if it worked or not?

PS my existing mt-daapd was running at the time, I did shut it down, but of course now it’s shut down and nobody home at port 3689.

Rebooted box, and… it’s gone. Old one isn’t working any more.

ps -aux shows no mt-daapd processes.

README indicates need for distro-specific startup scripts.

I tried running “mt-daapd start” in /etc/init.d, but nothing happened. No console feedback nor any mt-daapd processes showing up.

Here’s what’s in the log:

2007-01-22 08:08:03 (00000400): Firefly Version svn-1489: Starting with debuglevel 2
    2007-01-22 08:08:03 (00000400): Starting rendezvous daemon
    2007-01-22 08:08:03 (00000400): Starting signal handler
    2007-01-22 08:08:03 (00000400): Old database version: 6, expecting 13
    2007-01-22 08:08:03 (00000400): Upgrading db: 6 –> 7
    2007-01-22 08:08:03 (00000400): Upgrading db: 7 –> 8
    2007-01-22 08:08:03 (00000400): Query: create index idx_songid on playlistitems(songid)
    create index idx_playlistid on playlistitems(playlistid)
    update config set value=8 where term=’version’;

2007-01-22 08:08:03 (00000400): Error: near “create”: syntax error
    2007-01-22 08:08:03 (00000400): Error upgrading db: Misc SQL Error: near “create”: syntax error
    2007-01-22 08:08:03 (00000400): Error opening db: Misc SQL Error: near “create”: syntax error

(which is at least something)

Any clue?

CCRDude
    Participant

No answer yet? Damn πŸ˜€
    Well, yesterday I wasn’t too sure since this looked like a problem with converting an old database format to a new one, and I have no real insight into that…
    But this morning I remembered that you have nothing important in the database yet, right? No special playlists etc., so: just delete the playlist file! It’s probably at /var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.db . If you delete that, Firefly can create a fresh new database instead of trying to do half a dozen update steps to get from the old format to the new one.

Digital Larry
    Participant

I did get an answer, but I’ve adopted a new strategy of starting a new thread when the topic changes enough from the original! So it’s off somewhere else.

Apparently deleting the old songs.db will force the creation of a new one. Also I had the ancient mt-daapd.conf file still around and just need to go thru the steps of getting that right. I’ll probably have time for that in a few days.

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.