aiff files not recognised on OSX

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Renno
    Participant

Thoroughly bemused. My NSLU2 has been running perfectly for the last month. I’ve been ripping everything into AIFF, and as such this thread should solve my problems perfectly.

I performed a full scan last night, and since then (I think) all the metadata is missing. My xml file is dumped in G:mp3 with the artist folders. The music folder in the firefly config is /share/flash/data/public/mp3.

I’m running Firefly svn-1400 which is pretty up-to-date.

I’m just not sure as to how it was working perfectly yesterday, but not today. Any ideas?

rpedde
    Participant

@Renno wrote:

Thoroughly bemused. My NSLU2 has been running perfectly for the last month. I’ve been ripping everything into AIFF, and as such this thread should solve my problems perfectly.

I performed a full scan last night, and since then (I think) all the metadata is missing. My xml file is dumped in G:mp3 with the artist folders. The music folder in the firefly config is /share/flash/data/public/mp3.

I’m running Firefly svn-1400 which is pretty up-to-date.

I’m just not sure as to how it was working perfectly yesterday, but not today. Any ideas?

The files are there, but not metadata? Is that right?

Can you get a full scan with a -d9 and email it to me?

Renno
    Participant

Apologies Ron, the one thing I forgot to do was reboot the slug. This has solved the problems. The error log had nothing odd in it, form which I assumed firefly couldn’t be the problem. The only errors that were there were as below – I assume these relate the “foreign characters” that have been mentioned elsewhere.

<25>Nov 9 15:44:15 mt-daapd[501]: Rescanning database
    <25>Nov 9 15:49:53 mt-daapd[501]: Invalid UTF-8 in /share/flash/data/public/mp3/Compilations/Dreamland/01 Na‹ma.aif
    <25>Nov 9 15:49:59 mt-daapd[501]: Invalid UTF-8 in /share/flash/data/public/mp3/Compilations/Dreamland/07 L Vai Algu‚m.aif
    <25>Nov 9 15:50:05 mt-daapd[501]: Invalid UTF-8 in /share/flash/data/public/mp3/Compilations/Dreamland/11 Canci¢n Para Dormir A Un Ni¤o.aif
    <25>Nov 9 15:52:29 mt-daapd[501]: Invalid UTF-8 in /share/flash/data/public/mp3/Sara Tavares/Balancˆ/02 Balancˆ.aif
    <25>Nov 9 15:54:50 mt-daapd[501]: Invalid UTF-8 in /share/flash/data/public/mp3/Jose Merce/Lo Que No Se Da/04 Te Pintar‚.aif
    <78>Nov 9 16:00:01 cron[442]: running /usr/sbin/CheckDiskFull &>/dev/null
    <78>Nov 9 16:00:59 cron[442]: running /usr/sbin/hwclock -s &>/dev/null
    <25>Nov 9 16:01:42 mt-daapd[501]: Starting playlist scan
    <25>Nov 9 16:02:21 mt-daapd[501]: Scanned 985 songs (was 985) in 1086 seconds

Sorry to waste your time. Keep up the good work!

rpedde
    Participant

@Renno wrote:

Apologies Ron, the one thing I forgot to do was reboot the slug. This has solved the problems.

np.

The error log had nothing odd in it, form which I assumed firefly couldn’t be the problem. The only errors that were there were as below – I assume these relate the “foreign characters” that have been mentioned elsewhere.

Yeah, i know the fix to this, just haven’t sat down and done it.

– Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.