aiff files not recognised on OSX

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ron,

thanks for the advice on adding that location to the mp3_dir path, it seems to have done the trick.

Just one other thing though is that now it takes an absolute age – like several minutes – for firefly to load on the itunes interface on the mac. Any idea why that would be? I have about 50gb of music stored.

Cheers, Andy

rpedde
    Participant

@andyg wrote:

Ron,

thanks for the advice on adding that location to the mp3_dir path, it seems to have done the trick.

Just one other thing though is that now it takes an absolute age – like several minutes – for firefly to load on the itunes interface on the mac. Any idea why that would be? I have about 50gb of music stored.

Cheers, Andy

Bug. Tonights nightly should fix that.

— Ron

paulparker

I have the same problems with flac files i.e. they appear without the metadata in the itunes firefly directory

however the xml file appears to be correctly named and is in a sub-directory within the ‘music directory’

i am running svn-1315 on a mac powerbook osx 10.3.9

rpedde
    Participant

@paulparker wrote:

I have the same problems with flac files i.e. they appear without the metadata in the itunes firefly directory

however the xml file appears to be correctly named and is in a sub-directory within the ‘music directory’

i am running svn-1315 on a mac powerbook osx 10.3.9

flac doesn’t get metadata from itunes (your flac files aren’t *in* iTunes, are they?) it reads them using libvorbisfile. How are you flac files tagged if not with regular flac tags?

Is it possible you can send me on at ron at pedde.com?

Oh.. duh.. nevermind… did you run configure with “–enable-flac”?

osmos97
    Participant

Hi Folks

This forum is exactly what I needed, and mt-daap is a very nice development.

I have tried to follow this post to make my aiff file showned with content infromation but so far my itunes client still showing only the file name.

My question is the following… I’m running mt-daap 0.2.1.1 and since this is a old release I wanted to know if this could be the issue ?

Thanks in advance
    Chrys

rpedde
    Participant

@osmos97 wrote:

Hi Folks

This forum is exactly what I needed, and mt-daap is a very nice development.

I have tried to follow this post to make my aiff file showned with content infromation but so far my itunes client still showing only the file name.

My question is the following… I’m running mt-daap 0.2.1.1 and since this is a old release I wanted to know if this could be the issue ?

Thanks in advance
    Chrys

Yup, only nightlies do the metadata reading for other file types.

— Ron

osmos97
    Participant

Thnals for your fast reply.. .Where can I find a tutorial or something that would help me to deploy it on my NSLU2 ?

Thanks again for your help…

Chrys…

osmos97
    Participant

Forget my previous post… I have found everything on this forum… It is installed and so far so good

rpedde
    Participant

@osmos97 wrote:

Forget my previous post… I have found everything on this forum… It is installed and so far so good

Glad to hear. Good luck.

— Ron

osmos97
    Participant

Great Ron…
    Everything is up and all my tags are there.. I have aiff and wav files and using the itune playlist for consolidation I have everything…

Beside some issue with French caracteres..

<25>Sep 10 01:13:25 mt-daapd[563]: Invalid UTF-8 in /public/MEDIA/MYMUSIC/Compilations/Best of Serge Gainsbourg – Vol.1/14 La chanson de prévert.wav

Again thanks for you great job…

Best regards
    Chrys

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.