A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

• This topic has 186 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey,

Glad to see it is working!

@onecaibou wrote:

Any chance we could get a volume control in the client?

Thanks for the remark, I add it to my todo list. It’ll be in one of the next releases.

@wwaren wrote:

Is there a way to have it update a library once its done a scan, or do I just redo the library from scratch?

For the moment, to take advantage of remote library update, you have to reopen the library and reload the entire updated remote list. I’ll try to think of a smart update in a future release but it might be tricky, especially for the removed tracks (new one should be easy to detect)

@wwaren wrote:

Where does a saved library get stored?

The library and global configuration get stored in the directory .firefly-client in your home directory. You can copy this directory on your flash drive to later copy it on your home directory on the other computer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have just released a new version of FireflyClient : 0.5b

See: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=212642

Added playlist support (readonly) and incremental update functionality.

Changelog:
    - Playlists management (readonly)
    - Playlists names are loaded remotely whenever loading a library (local/remote/update)
    - Playlists songs are lazily loaded when clicking on the playlist item
    - Smart playlists are displayed first, then static ones (all sorted alphabetically)
    - Playlists items are not cached locally when quitting the application (always remotely loaded)

- Smart library update, just request new songs present on the server
    - removed songs are not detected while the update which may lead to invalid songs in the current playlist
    -> So, when the player tries to open an invalid song (HTTP status 404), it is automatically removed from the list

- Modifiy search box to search on the current playlist
    - Made left panel resizable (size persisted)
    - Change window title to display song played
    - Now closes current open library if any before opening new one (without confirmation)
    - Exit confirmation popup opens only if changes are detected (new songs, removed songs, password changed)
    - Added the firefly client store directory in about dialog (beside/below the client version)
    - Bug fix about sorting with unknown artists (when loading remote songlist)
    - Minor improvement on dialogs sizing/navigation
    - Improved cover management (for all size/ratio)
    - Minor bugs fixes

Any remark, bug report, feature request is welcome,

— caribou

richo132
    Participant

@caribou wrote:

I have just released a new version of FireflyClient : 0.5b

Any remark, bug report, feature request is welcome,

— caribou

Excellent – easy to use, looks good and faast (for 13,000 song library)
    3 bug reports for you:
    1. track time displayed with spurious leading “3” eg 35:08 instead of 5:08
    2. switch to ibarthemepack and back to normal – lose page header
    3. Player Error: Connection timed out (proxy= / port=) – after about 4 songs
    Pls keep up the good work!
    Cheers, Alan G.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@richo132 wrote:

Excellent – easy to use, looks good and faast (for 13,000 song library)

Thank you very much !!: Let’s look at your bug reports…

1. track time displayed with spurious leading “3” eg 35:08 instead of 5:08

This must be related to your default timezone. I will correct it in the next release for this to work with all timezones (easy fix).

2. switch to ibarthemepack and back to normal – lose page header

This is a known bug as I wrote in the 0.4b changelog. Restart is needed if you switch with the Normal (native) look and feel.

3. Player Error: Connection timed out (proxy= / port=) – after about 4 songs

This seems more awkward ! Does it crash every time ? Is your server still up after error? Does it happen on different/same song ? What type of song (mp3, ??) What is the stacktrace (error details) ? What is your configuration (java version, os, firefly server version + os) ?

I’ll try to have a closer look at it if you provide me details and a song ?

For an in depth diagnosis, you could open me a temporary access to your server ? (you can write me at: vcariven [at] users.sourceforge.net – i’ll make no bad use of it 😉 ) It may be the connection/read timeouts which are too small for some songs and/or connection bandwidth.

Thank you again for your feedback!

–caribou

fizze
    Participant

Heh, I finally got around to trying this, very nice UI 🙂

I, however, hit a brickwall with 0.5b:

[FireflyClientException] class com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException - IOException while unmarshalling the database (during parsing).
    at net.firefly.client.controller.request.RSPRequestManager.getDatabase(RSPRequestManager.java:344)
    at net.firefly.client.gui.swing.dialog.NewHostDialog$OKButtonActionListener$1.run(NewHostDialog.java:308)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Ok, that Xerces-Parser I know from a couple of other projects. I am using svn-1696 with sqlite3 on a NSLU2, that is currently hard-pressed doing lots of other stuff.

But as my soundbridge can access it, I guess so should firefly client?

I guess the XML parser just chokes on some malformed input, probably special characters, umlauts, etc? I can provide you that XML, if that would help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

Heh, I finally got around to trying this, very nice UI 🙂

Thank you very much….. but it seems that it is not enough 😥 to get it work !

I, however, hit a brickwall with 0.5b:

[FireflyClientException] class com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException - IOException while unmarshalling the database (during parsing).
    at net.firefly.client.controller.request.RSPRequestManager.getDatabase(RSPRequestManager.java:344)
    at net.firefly.client.gui.swing.dialog.NewHostDialog$OKButtonActionListener$1.run(NewHostDialog.java:308)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It is very strange because regarding the trace, the error does not occur while loading the song list (which may contains strange character) but just asking the database (which should not be a complex xml):

http://server:port/rsp/db

Have you tried several times, because I had a similar error that occured sometimes when testing HTTP compression support (see your preferences), but I couldn’t reproduce it always. This made this bug hard to correct! I’d be glad if you could provide me with the xml to have a closer look at it. You can retry to see if you can reproduce it always or disable HTTP compression to see if it still happens.

I am using svn-1696 with sqlite3 on a NSLU2

Nothing to do with it but i’m trying too migrate from svn-1376 to svn-1696 but with debian etch and it seems that there is no sqlite3 database support. I found sqlite much more slow than sqlite3. Do you know where I can find a .deb package 1696 with sqlite3 database support enabled ?
    –caribou

fizze
    Participant

It’s not a compression issue, since I disabled that from the start. I don’t want to heighten the load on the poor slug if I dont have to 😉

here’s the rsp/db XML:

*snip*
    removed the code again coz of layout breakage*
    *snip*

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

here’s the rsp/db XML

Thank you very much, i’m gonna have a look at it. Indeed, it seems that there are some marfolmed characters (iso instead claimed UTF-8 ?) I’m gonna see what I can do about it. What kind of playlist is “Saint-Germain des Pr�s Caf� I” ? m3u ? I’m afraid that the best I can do would be to display question marks (?) as in this forum if possible at all. To go further you can rename the three “guilty” playlists “Saint-Germain des Pr�s Caf�” I, II and III (and make firefly aware of that change)
    — caribou

fizze
    Participant

It’s an m3u, yes.
    Yeah, its not in UTF-8, its some windows codepage.
    It should be “St. Germain des Prés Café” really.

I hope I have an hour or two this weekend to fiddle with a DB sanitization script, that would obviously also take care of such malformed strings. Now thats where REGEXP_INSTR would come in handy on sqlite 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Indeed, it is windows (CP1252) or some ISO encoding. I think I can make a correction so that the parsing don’t fail anymore on those characters (i’d better say “degrade gently”). It would then display, I think, question marks instead which would not prevent the library loading failure. Where can I email you a patched version to test the correction before you sanitize you db? You can email me at “vcariven [ at] users.sourceforge.net” to communicate me your address if you dont want to let it on the forum. I think I can send you that today.
    Thank for your collaboration,
    –caribou

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 187 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.