A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

• This topic has 186 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 posts - 101 through 110 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your help and all of your suggestions! ๐Ÿ˜€ All seems to be working now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have just released a new version of FireflyClient : 0.7b
    See: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=212642
    Main features are :
    – multi-column sorting management (CTRL-click to select multiple columns)
    – last.fm optional scrobbling support
    – two more languages available : DE, NL (thanks to William and Thorsten)
    – bugs corrected

I’ve had some hard times after the summer holidays, which explains why this release comes late. But I eventually finalized some started work (such as multi-column sorting) in order to publish this release. Hope it is not too buggy !

Here is the detailed changelog below.

Changelog:
    Version 0.7 b
    - Added multiple column sorting functionnality (CTRL+click to sort on more than one column)
    - sorting criteria are persisted through application restart
    - Make amazon cover search ignore accent (search with accents give no result)
    - Authorized multiple artist/album selection
    - Added NL translation file (thanks to William)
    - Added DE translation file (thanks to Thorsten)
    - Added the possibility to filter on media type to hide unsupported filetypes
    - comma-separated list of extension to ignore in Preferences dialog (persisted through app restart)
    - library has to be fully reloaded from server (don't forget to save it after) for this to work
    - Added optional last.fm scrobbling support (default: deactivated)
    - Check checkbox in preferences and enter last.fm username/password.
    - Supports following functions :
    - NOWPLAYING : each time a song changes (not persisted in last.fm profile)
    - SUBMISSION : Songs are submitted regarding last fm criteria (more than 30 seconds long,
    have been played over half of the song's length or more than 240 seconds)

- [FIXED BUG] Correct time display for tracks over 1 hour
    - [FIXED BUG] Correct first track selection in shuffle mode (it was always the first one before)
    - minor bug fixes

As usual, any support, any remark, bug report, feature request is welcome,

— caribou

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great! I’ll download and try it now. I have been waiting for a new version, I love the last.fm support ๐Ÿ™‚

RigasW
    Participant

Hi Caribou,

thanks for your player. I have been using it for some weeks now. It has more ore less replaced GIt on my clients.

What I really enjoy is the “Create Playlist” functionality.

Ideas for further development:

Possibility to have a default library that is used automatically when starting the player (Suppress the dialog for occasional users).
      Option to have a default behavior when the remote library differs from the local one. (Suppress the dialog for occasional users)
      Possibility to remove songs from playlists with the mouse. At the moment I do this with an SQL script on the command line …
      Possibility to control the player with keys in addition to the mouse.

Cheers,

Rigas

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi RigasW,

@RigasW wrote:

Thanks for your player. I have been using it for some weeks now. It has more ore less replaced GIt on my clients.

I’m pleased to see that FireflyClient suits you!
    Thank you too for giving me ideas for further developments :

@RigasW wrote:

– Possibility to have a default library that is used automatically when starting the player (Suppress the dialog for occasional users).
    – Option to have a default behavior when the remote library differs from the local one. (Suppress the dialog for occasional users)

I’ll sure add this to the next release as it should not be too difficult. It indeed has already been requested by someone else on this forum.
    @RigasW wrote:

– Possibility to remove songs from playlists with the mouse. At the moment I do this with an SQL script on the command line …

At the moment, you can already remove songs from playlist but only with the keyboard : just select songs you want to delete and press the ‘delete’ key (not backspace). This should do the job. In the next release, I’ll add a mouse context-menu to do the same to stay consistent playlist deletion mechanism (which already has a context-menu for that)
    @RigasW wrote:

Possibility to control the player with keys in addition to the mouse.

Depending on what you mean, this one could be tricky or impossible to implement in java. If you just mean add shortcut for play/stop/next/previous when player has the focus, it is simple (though it would probably mean to add interface in the preferences dialog to set custom shortcuts). But if you mean controlling the player with keys when the player hasn’t got the focus, I’m afraid it’s quite difficult (maybe with JNI – Java NativeInterface) or impossible as the language used (java) doesn’t really integrates with the host operating system (applications are run in a virtual machine).

My personnal ideas for future releases are the following :
    – Genre panel ?
    – Search by criteria (all, or just genre|artist|album|title) ?
    – Add the possibility to download songs/covers

Cheers,

— caribou

w1ll14m
    Participant

works Great!
    As expected ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanx again for the new features!

RigasW
    Participant

Hi Caribou,

thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for telling me about the possibility to remove songs from the playlist by pressing delete ๐Ÿ™‚

For me it would be enough, if I could control the player with the keyboard, while the player is in focus.

RigasW

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Caribou,

really good work.

Many thanks for the update and the new functions.

Cya

Frogy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

First, Thank you for this nice sofware.

Is it possible to add the read buffer size in the preferences tab and/or in the xml file ?
    On connection with latency and small bandwith, the internal buffer seems sometimes to be too small.

Best Regards

Pacbarnabe

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Pacbarnabe wrote:

Is it possible to add the read buffer size in the preferences tab and/or in the xml file ?
    On connection with latency and small bandwith, the internal buffer seems sometimes to be too small.

Does it generate an error ? And if this is the case, could you please post the error details ? (It might be a connection timeout problem as well)
    — caribou

Viewing 10 posts - 101 through 110 (of 187 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.